Saturday, May 1, 2010

Construction of the magazine advert

I started cosntructing the magazine adverts by creating a new blank A4 size paper, turning it into a layer by double clicking it, then filling it with a black background. This is the base layer for the advert. I chose black because it makes the neon feeling logo stand out, as well as complimenting the photo from the photo-shoot and keeping consistency between the advert and the digipak.














I then opened the digipak file and selected the original logo i made, this is to save time creating a new logo. I did this by using the select tool and copying it into the advert file.















I then did the same for the photo of the band in the digipak file. This is because i edited some of the photos colour balance and brightness and wanted to keep the same settings in the advert.















I flipped the band picture in the advert so it was the right way up. I then changed the exposiure to make the picture brighter.















I then added a new text layer in which 'Sun Is Shining' will be written as this is the name of the new single the advert is promoting. I used the Andes font as this is the font The Feeling use.















Like other magazine adverts, i decided to include the name of a retailer who would be stocking the single in the shops. I decided to use hmv, as this is a nationwide brand. I downloaded a font from 'dafont' which was the most similar to the font hmv use, and then added the text at the bottom of the advert. I also added the text 'available at hmv.com' as this was also on other magazine adverts i saw.















I also added some extra text informing the reader that the single is available now to buy.















This is the finished brand style advert.

























To create the second advert, the one that is similar to the video and cover of the digipak i created a new A4 layer. I then copied the picture from the CD cover file into the advert file, as this saves time re-creating the image. I then added the title text, as well as 'available now' text using the text tool in the Andes font. I then added the island records label to re-enforce The Feelings brand. This is the second finished advert.



No comments:

Post a Comment